Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The World Needs To Know This!!!!


So after 2 years of "country" living and dealing with the flies that come with that I was at my wits end! I have spent much time and money trying to find away to keep flies out of my house. I have been spending hours keeping my kitchen an unhealthy clinical clean just to starve out the little buggers, then today I get an e-mail from a friend. 12 cents later I am fly free!


The e-mail gave simple home remedies to everyday problems. One of them was to keep flies out of your house hang a plastic bag, half full of water, and 4 pennies up in your door frame.


What the heck I think, I have tried EVERYTHING else!!!


Normally there are 30 or 40 flies hanging to the side of my house just waiting for the door to open. I take my little water bag, get up on a chair, and hook the bag to the door frame. As soon as the sun hit the bag...BOOOM! Every dang fly in the area took off!


I googled it and apparently the science is that their eyes are so big they pick up the tiniest reflection and get spooked!


Forget drugs, global warming and cancer screening...this is what we should be spending our advertising dollars on! The world needs to know!

2 comments:

RoeH said...

I'm off to the bank to withdraw 4 pennies!!

diane b said...

That's interesting. I use fly screens but we are lucky and don't get many here.