Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Favorite Color Is Dirt!




It is my favorite time of the year... YARD WORK TIME!!!
Charlie brought home the first load of fresh rich dirt today, and, as is tradition, we all climbed up in the truck with our bare feet and walked around in it.
I love the feel of soft dirt!
See that tree in the back? That's my new Weeping Cherry! So pretty when it blooms!

Both of them got the gardening jean!
MD wanted some spring in his cool surfer room, so we bought him a bright orange flower, drilled holes in the bottom of last years sand bucket, and... Vwa-la, a little bit of spring that matches his room's theme!
(I had a sand shovel sticking out of it that was adorable, but he didn't like it.)
See the cool green paint?...That's all over his room, with surf boards, lays, and giant flip flops! I'd have shown you the whole room, but it's a mess!!!
I love the growing season!

4 comments:

The Southern Mint Julep said...

Okay Sassy, you need to head over to Tinkerbell's Momma Kat and sign up for the Friday Photo Challenge I am hosting for Dr. Cason this week.

The theme I chose was "The Good Earth." What a PURR-FECT example in your pictures.

Kim said...

FUN! It needs to be about 10 degrees warmer... and i'm headin out too :)

Anonymous said...

Do you have anything under the pot to keep water from soaking into the carpet? I am still baffles, all those years you hid your love of the good earth, and we could have been having fun doing it together. Of course I guess we still did you made sarcastic remarks about my digging and moving and puttering. It still was fun. The only time I remember you digging in the dirt was during mud fights with the Lythgoes.

Marci Glass said...

Ummm...why do you need all the dirt? Doesn't your yard already have some? And the "first" load of dirt? How much more is to follow?
Perhaps I'm not sure what is entailed in gardening in Idaho....