Friday, November 21, 2008

It's Alway's Funner with Diet Coke



So besides my fantastic and devilish handsome husband, there is another "significant other" if you will, in my life. Though we often tease about being married, and for a while the youth group at church called us a couple, we are in fact, just friends. The "just" in that has substantial meaning behind it. As in, she is "just" the person I need to talk to to scream and vent. And "just" the person to make me laugh when life sucks.

I met Diet Coke (I'll call her that because she always has one in her hand) in a church group 8+ years ago. I am not sure what our original connection was. Our views on religion were different at the time, over the years of spiritual growth they've come pretty close to center for both of us. We were not close in age, she is 15 years older than me, but only in number. So really the only thing I can think of is that our souls recognized each other as friend.

And friend is exactly what she has been. With the exception of my husband, there is no one else I feel as comfortable talking with and sharing with. We do a lot of laughing, we are both witty. And we also do a considerable amount of complaining. But whatever it is I am doing, it is always funner with Diet Coke!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could think of something wittier to say other than"ohhhhh!". You have been such a great friend to me too. I love you dearly...even more than Diet Coke.

Brian said...

Awwwwwww... you two are the cutest wanna-be couple I've ever met in my whole life! It's really a shame that you're both straight. You would make great lesbians!

Marci Glass said...

Yay for Diet Coke!

AutBott said...

Carolyn is one of the best friend I've ever had also...... where should I start? The 7 years in the car or the 5-6 years in Sunday School class/ youth things. She is a great friend and a great person to be around. Kudos for "Diet Coke!"