Friday, November 28, 2008

TRADITION!




Tradition runs strong through my veins, and never is it more evident than on a major holiday. Thanksgiving morning started with tradition the moment my eyes opened. MD and Lou Lou woke Charlie and me by climbing into our bed and we turned on the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. We stuck it out for almost the whole three hours, just the four of us, two dogs and two cats on one king sized bed. About the 34 time one of the dogs spilled hot coffee on Charlie he asked, "Why do we have all these beast again?" The kids and I just laughed and I reminded him that they were to enrich our lives. To which he replied "oh" and mopped up the coffee off his chest.

Tradition continued all day, and more than once I felt like breaking out into Fiddler on the Roof...Tradi-t-i-o-n. And since, according to the official "Book of Tradition Rules" it only takes doing something two years in a row to become tradition, we have built up quite a few.


Pictures tell it best......















The kids table...classic tradition!











Relatives doing the bulk of the cooking...I love this one!








Auntie's ginger bread house's..each family gets one.















Love the football thing!













Over eating..you have to right?























And....... decorating for Christmas! This is my very favorite!!

Last but not least, turning off the lights and viewing the tree. I say it every year, but this time I mean it. This is the best our tree has ever looked....thanks to the day after Christmas sales last year, you guessed it, another tradition!










  • I hope you all had a blessed day and gave thanks for much, whatever your traditions are!

2 comments:

diane b said...

blogging is a great way of sharing traditions. It is interesting sharing yours. We don't have Thanksgiving here.

Brian said...

What a fun day. I began a "tradition" of my own this year. My Turkey-day dinner consisted of chips & salsa and I never made it out of my pajamas the entire day. And I QUITE enjoyed myself!!! :)