Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A little preliminary work

Sassy is not my name, but it aptly fits. I am a married Burnett with two children. For my blog I will call them Cindy Lou Who, or Lou Lou for short. And MD, partly because those are his initials/nick name, and partly because he's so smart and will undoubtedly become a high priced doctor someday who will take care of his aging, yet surprising frisky, mother. My husband I'll just call Charlie, and I'm going to keep it a secret as to why.

Charlie, 7 year old Md, 6 year old Lou Lou, and I all live in a lovely little house exactly 4.7 miles from downtown No Place Special. Most of the time our life is uneventful, luckily I write well and lie a lot so no worries on being bored here. We also have two dogs, Banjo and Dolly, two cats, Jack and Poncho, and two rabbits, Princess Fluffy Bunny, and Fluffy. I have not changed the pets names, but I bet the bunnies wish I had. To be honest it took me a minute to remember their names because the kids haven't looked at them twice since the first week we got them and most of the time Charlie and I just call them those damn rodents, as in,

Me- "Did you feed those damn rodents today? "
Charlie- "No"
Me- "Neither did I"
Charlie- "Do you think the kids would do it?"
Me- "I don't think they even know they still live here."
Charlie- "Flip a coin?"
Me- "I'm tails"
Me- "Damn, I always lose."

So that's us. We laugh a lot, cry sometimes, fight others and every now and then we are halfway serious about anything, and nothing.

3 comments:

Marci Glass said...

Hi Anonymous Blogger,
"Sassy", I mean.
Looking forward to reading your posts!

love,
your anonymous pastor, who if she were making up a name, would be "Trinity".

Julie Anderson said...

Can I call you Trin?

Kim said...

welcome to blogging sassy thing! :) K