Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm Actually A Super Hero With No Special Powers, And Very Little Motivation


If you recall my New Years resolution was to stand up to injustice when I saw it. I really underestimated how much injustice there is in the world! It is only February and already I'm in a full blown "battle" against politics and red tape.


The kindergarten teacher at the kids' school (I'm going to call her Mrs. Awesome) is in the process of being let go. Now I can not emphasize enough how absurd this is! She is an amazing teacher, the kids love her, the parents love her, and her test scores are the best in the district. So what could be wrong? Well, apparently she has stood up for children one too many times and the principal has decided she doesn't want an active advocate in her school.


I'm outraged, the other parents are outraged and we are meeting today to see what the power of numbers can do. Our hope is that as a group we can sign a petition and present it to district saying we want to keep our teacher. All ready I have had people who want to help, but are afraid to go against the principal. My stomach has been in knots for a week, and my ear hurts from making phone calls. But, if we can pull this off we will have greatly impacted the 100's of kids that will have her in the future, and we will have taken a stand that in one way or another, we are all called to take.

1 comment:

diane b said...

Go Girl> You tell them. I love anyone who stands up for a good teacher. You are a hero.