Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm married to Suze Orman


My Saturday is being spent listening to Charlie put up Mini blinds. You see, we don't have Mini blinds in the front room, we have very nice curtains. They are fashionable, but apparently not economical. Here's how the morning went.
Charlie opens the mail.
Charlie: Good Lord!!!!
Me: What's wrong Darling? (okay, I added that last part, but it makes me sound good huh?)
Charlie: This heating bill is $210.00. That's ridiculous!!
Me: Yeah it is, seeing as how you won't let me turn the heat above 66 degrees.
Charlie: Well, I know what the problem is.
Me: What's that Dearest? ( Again, I used artistic license )
Charlie: It's those damn curtains of yours. They let all the heat go right out the windows! We need air tight Mini blinds.
Me: Mini blinds are ugly, I like the curtains.
Charlie: I don't care if they are ugly, I'm not paying 200 dollars all winter long so your "no touch " room will look nice. The blinds can go under the curtains.
(I should add here that the family teases me because I have the front room just exactly the way I like it and I "encourage" everyone else in the house not to touch anything in it. Anal, yes, but I want one room that stays nice. Considering I have given up hope on the rest of the house I don't think it's too much to ask.)
So, here it is at 3:00 on Saturday afternoon, and my husband, Suze Orman, is hanging Mini blinds in our front room. I suppose I can give on this one, seeing as how he's spending his Monday off painting the kitchen with me. Good thing I love him!

6 comments:

diane b said...

You sound very English, having a good front room. Or German, they have the "Gut Stubbe." When the kids leave home all the rooms become good rooms.
Marriage is all about giving and taking. It looks like you've worked that out and now you'll save money on heating bills. Maybe I should invest in those blinds to keep the heat out and lower the airconditioning bill.

Anonymous said...

You have a way of writing funny! Thanks for making me chuckle here and there:0)

Brian said...

Can't wait to see them! ;)

RoeH said...

Living in Arizona, I always forget that people have heating bills. I have AC bills, but it seems different somehow. And I can never figure out why AC is so much more than heating bills. But I hear it is. This was a dumb comment. I don't even make sense. Back to bed for another hour of sleepytime for me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim said...

gotta love winter! and charlie :) K