Friday, January 23, 2009

A New Mothership

I haven't seen any new blogs all week because we have had a dead computer. But after a short memorial service for the old gal, that really turned into more of an airing of grievances, we tossed her out into the cold. The nice man in a blue polo at Big Buys was happy to help us find a new shiny Mothership and I am up and running again!

My week without a computer has taught me that while technology has done many good thing, it has also made us dependant on it. Needless to say I'm relived to have my window to the world back!

6 comments:

Brian said...

Yes, technology is rather cool... If only it was free!

RoeH said...

I live in fear of that happening because I cannot afford another computer.

diane b said...

Computers are fun and necessary for many jobs but htey can be jolly frustrating. When you get a new one there is usually new stuff to learn. We are at that stage now. BB bought a new Apple computer and I've got his renovated old one and mine is dying a slow death in the corner of his office.

NG said...

OH MY GOSH HOW HAVE YOU LIVED FOR A WEEK WITHOUT THE INTERNET?!?!?!

(I may, possibly, be just a tiny little bit addicted. Watch for me on that Intervention show.)

The Southern Mint Julep said...

Welcome back to the cyberworld. Missed you.

Lizzie's Insomnia said...

I love this technology and is a window to the world...leaves out the bias of the reporter and opens one's mind to the wonders out there....thanks for dropping by...