Thursday, December 11, 2008

Apple Cinnamon Ornaments


( I stole this picture off the Internet..but they look pretty much like this, just a little flatter. You can decorate them with gel pens, or paint pens)
Every year, about halfway through December I get the feeling that I have not done enough Christmasy stuff to hold the family until next Christmas. Yes, I realize this is absolutely ridiculous and I wise person pointed out to me that Christmas is not a competition to see who can cram in the most family fun. Never the less, the feeling still hit last night.


So, if anyone else gets that feeling, or even if you are just looking for a simple and fun family project here is one you must try. I did this with Lou Lou's Kindergarten class this year and it is so fun. These ornaments smell SO good, and last forever!


The recipe is simple:


1 cup of apple sauce


1/3 cup of white glue (like Elmer's)


1 1/2 cups of cinnamon (this is a TON so buy bulk)


Mix together- chill for 1 hour or more.

Roll out and cut with cookie cutters (poke a hole at the top with a straw)

Air dry for about 24 hours.


When you are done you will have cute wonderful smelling ornaments to hang, give away, or tie to presents. And the kids love it! I hung one in my car to make it smell good!

6 comments:

RoeH said...

They are so cute. I should make them but I don't need the calories. :(

Julie Anderson said...

No worries, these are decor only. But the smell of them makes you hungry!

The Southern Mint Julep said...

What a cute idea. I think I will make some of these to go on my presents this year. If I put on the tree, the dogs might try and eat them. Thanks for the idea Sassy. I can smell them now!

Brian said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

diane b said...

They look good enough to eat. Has anyone ever eaten one by mistake?

Kim said...

We'll be making these on break - mmm! :) K