Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Show and Tell




I like my house best at Christmas time. The lights, and smells and colors can not be topped any other time of the year!

Here are a few of my favorite spots in our home...





This is my "fancy" Christmas tree. We have another in the loft where we hang all of our family ornaments.










The one thing I miss about our old house is the fire place....the stockings just don't look right without one.









We love to play Christmas music together in the evenings...Charlie on the guitar, MD and I take turns on the piano, and Lou Lou sings.












Front room looking out.
I love this rocking horse!


The basket is filled with cinnamon pine cones that hit you when you first walk in.....and I love the wooden train.
This is the back yard pond...I'm always intrigued by the pattern the waterfall makes. (click to enlarge so you can really appreciate it.)
Hope all of you are having fun with your own homes, and I'd love to see some pictures...you can never have too many good ideas right?

4 comments:

TidyMom said...

you house looks BEAUTIFUL!! I love your tree!!

I like the stockings hanging from the window shelf!!

Thanks for visiting my place too!

Merry Christmas!
~Tidymom

diane b said...

Wow! Your house looks terrific, all those gorgeous decorations and the pond is fascinating, since we don't get ice or snow. How do you upload a photo so that you can click and make it larger.....I'm a learner.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful home! Beautiful tree! Beautiful kids!

Paz

Julie Anderson said...

Thanks everyone. We never did get around to planing a Christmas party this year so it's fun to get to show it off anyway, without all the work:)....
As for the pics, I have no idea how I got them so you could click on them. I just uploaded and it did it it's self.