Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tradition with a Twist








Every year we love to make snowflakes. I think this is the kids very favorite Christmas project. We stepped outside the "tradition" box this year and added in some Christmas wrapping paper to make our snowflakes more colorful.









Because of the back light it's hard to see all the color, but most of these or various shades of red, green, and pink...Lou Lou wanted to use birthday wrapping so she could have hers pink.





















We have never strung them like this before...I liked it. MD is making one for his bunk bed.









I wanted to do one snowflake on each kitchen cupboard..but after over an hour of cutting I lost some steam. This will have to do for now. Charlie was at choir when the kids and I made all of them, so he will probably want to add some latter.












This is the only bad part to the project..but it's worth it.

2 comments:

Brian said...

You are such a good Mom!!!

diane b said...

I used to love making them. Looks like you have some real snow in the back yard.That would be a novelty for us.